Each grade level takes multiple field trips throughout the year.
Below is a list of those trips separated by grade level:
- Apple Orchard: After learning about farms and the life cycle of a plant, students visit an apple orchard during harvest season.
- Johnny Wilson Farm: Students learn all about pumpkins.
- Sunshine Heritage Day: After learning about Colonial times, students visit different stations: a blacksmith, churning butter, sewing, and bread making.
- Catawba Science Center: Students visit a planetarium at the end of their Astronomy Unit. Students are also able to view animals in their natural habitats.
- WNC Nature Center: Students get to see native animals in their natural habitats.
- Lake Lure Gem Mine: After learning about the history of the Earth, students have the opportunity to mine for gems and treasures.
- Walnut Grove Plantation - After learning about the Civil War, students visit a plantation and are able to see what life would have been like years ago.
- ICC Play - Students experience a play related to our curriculum.
- Beekeeper Demo- After learning about bees and the life cycle, students watch a demonstration of how beekeepers work and collect honey.
- Nutcracker Performance: Students enjoy the performance.
- Asheboro Zoo: After learning about animal classifications, students are able to visit a zoo to see the animals in real life.
- Lone Mountain: Students are able to view Native American artifacts and dwellings. They hear stories and music related to this time.
- Asheville Science Museum- Students learn about geology, rocks, and minerals.
- Overnight OBX Trip- Students visit Jeanette’s Pier, Jockey’s Ridge, Currituck Lighthouse, Wild Horse Tour, Wright Brothers Memorial, a Legislative building in Raleigh, and a science museum. They also get to eat dinner with Blackbeard.
- Kings Mountain Battlefield- Students visit this official site of one of the battles of the American Revolution.
- Charleston - Students visit Fort Sumter, Patriots Point, and Boone Hall Plantation.
- Zoo - Students visit the zoo after their ecosystems unit.
- US White Water Center- Students participate in team-building activities.
- Chemistry Demo By Kid Senses: Students learn about chemical and physical reactions.